Saturday, December 5, 2009

Usually how many years must one be taking ballet in order to take pointe?

I'm fifteen and this is my third year dancing. I really want to learn pointe but i know it's years of training, and I just want to know how much. Because I'm probably going to continue lessons until I learn, even if I'm out of high school.



Usually how many years must one be taking ballet in order to take pointe?imax theatre



It actually depends on a lot of factors -- girls who have been dancing since they were little dance a lot longer before going on pointe, because their feet haven't stopped growing (Going on pointe before youre fully grown can REALLY mess up your bones --I cringe when I walk into a dance supply store and some 9 year old girl is getting fitted...).



You also need a lot of decation and discipline --toe is not something to be taken lightly--- which is another reason young girls have to wait so long.



A good minium would be about 5 years (of hard dancing and a lot of practice). But you should definely be able to go on pointe within 10 years at the very most.



You also need to have strong enough muscles in your legs and feet -- your best bet is to ask your dance teacher, as she/he knows what your exact expierence level is.



:)



(Plus, once you actually start doing pointe, it'll be about 2 years before you can really do much, and about 4 years before you're doing really 'fun' stuff --- even though you're older, just keep practicing, non-professionals can usually dance for quite sometime -- Ive know people who are still doing ballet in their 50's!)



Usually how many years must one be taking ballet in order to take pointe?performing show opera theater



about 8 because im 10 and I been dacing 7 years and a week and 3 days after my birhtday im goin into pointe and that will equal 8 yrs.
8 years

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd