Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does anyone know how to spray paint point ballet shoes?

I just spray painted my students pointe shoes black (and ribbons) - the ribbons came out a little crunchy! The shoes look great though! I used regular spray paint, let it dry, then went back over and used a clear coat spray paint so that the black won't come off on their feet...



Good luck!



Does anyone know how to spray paint point ballet shoes?comedy show



I'm guessing you just spray it...however, we just colored ours with sharpie. Works really well!



Does anyone know how to spray paint point ballet shoes?greek theater opera theater



As your pointe shoes are covered with fabric, spray paint may not be your best choice. I would try a fabric dye. Follow the directions on the package, and let your shoes dry thoroughly. Good luck!
I'd recommend a fabric dye for better results, although I did spray paint a pair of satin heels emerald green for a play once and had no problems. I just put them out in my yard, and stuffed the insides that I didn't want painted with newspaper then I went to work, when I was done I sat them out on a table to dry. Just make sure to evenly coat them.
I wouldn't spray paint as it may crack and peel off the satin, especially with movement. I would recommend using Rit dye - you can find it almost anywhere - Walmart, grocery stores, etc.
i always use regular joe schmoe spray paint. hang them in your garage so they can turn and the paint will lay evenly and you wont get it alk over you. the ribbons might get a little stiff, so if youre spraying a new pair, id just use black ribbon. i like spray paint because it never cracks, peels, or shrinks your shoe
You can spray the shoes if you're in a jam, but they'll turn out flaky and the color probably won't last long. (The paint will mess up your tights, too, so you'll want to wear an old pair.) Don't use RIT dye, as that involves soaking the shoes, and the water will obviously destroy them.



However, most ballet shops will dye pointe shoes for you, and it's not too expensive. That's your best bet.
Spray the shoes then wipe off the excess liquid. If the shoes get too wet, it will warp the shoe. You should spray from 6 inches away.



Let the shoes dry before you do another coat.



Good luck.
Actually I just spray painted mine today! However I did not use a regular spray paint. I used the spray paint that is used on flowers. The maker was Design Master and can be found at Joann fabrics. I found it with the other spray paints and their will be flowers on the can. The shoes only needed one coat and looked beautiful. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd