Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is it too late for me to start ballet?

I'm 15 years old, and I definately do NOT want to be a professional dancer or anything like that. But I kinda wanted to start dancing for fun or something, and I wanted to know how much of an idiot I would look like if i joined a class. I suck at dancing, but I really want to learn. I don't know what kind of classes to sign up for either. So ya, I'm pretty much lost. But I really want to try it!



Is it too late for me to start ballet?say yes



No! It's never too late! I started ballet when I was 18 and I danced with little kids, which may sound embarassing, but it was one of the best times of my life. I learned to laugh at myself. Sure, you may not be as great as a pro, and you may never make it pro, but you might on the other hand. I had many teachers tell me that I advanced very quickly and was almost good enough to be in a corps de ballet, which is a fancy word for the background dancers to a prima ballerina. (And that's pretty good for only dancing 3 years! I was shocked!)



Then I went to a competition and won 2nd place, which was a total surprise. So don't think you're too old to start! I say go for it girl! And go in with confidence!



Good luck!



Oh, and by the way, it is painful if you do it right, but just take it slow and don't try to stretch yourself farther than you are comfortable. Pointe is what hurts! No matter how long I did it, it hurt every time, but the rewards are so amazing and the feeling of accomplishment is great, so it's worth it!



Is it too late for me to start ballet?palace theatre opera theater



Ballet is very painful...be prepared fot it. I quit at age 5 and took martial arts instead.
Well if you're not considering going pro, it's definitely not too late. Look for classes offered in your city at your community center or at the local YMCA. There are usually great classes for beginners there.



good luck!



Mel
No, not too late at all. There are beginner adult ballet classes offered by many studios. You could go to one of those. You won't look out of place or unusual in any way, because all the students would be adults of all ages who decided to do it for fun or fitness.
Its never to late to start anything... you should try it and even if you arent good at least you can tell people you tired it instead of always wondering how it would be to take ballet... do it!!
No, ur not too old, Although I quit young,... but for fun, join!!!
THE FIRST ANSWER IS SOOOO COMPLETELY WRONG. it is not in any way painful. i started when i was 5 and i quit in like 3rd grade. not because i didn't like it, but because i didn't like my instructer (she was mean).
You are not too young - but do not day-dream on . . your bones and muscles must go through tremendously strenuous training.



So will your mind, if the the two physical aspect above are not as quick to respond, if you'd been younger : 5, 7 years old.



So go do it Now.



Your ambitions and your talents, inclinations are a'wasting!



Just do it, Kiddo, for whatever your pleasure and seriousness are in this!



The clock ticks a lot quicker than you, imagine, dear!
It's never too late to start dancing!! I'm 15 going on 16 but if you want to do anything no matter if it's your profession or not, then go for it. You never know, u might just like it enough to perfect and elevate it. 75% percent of people don't make it big in life due to staying in their "comfort zone", so try it because u never know what'll happen. :-)
never too late to start ballet
go ahead and try ballet!!!!!!! it's not too late
It is never too late and you wouldn't look like an idiot. My dad started taking ballet classes when he was in his late fifties. You would probably be more comfortable to in a beginner adult class. Don't take long classes since you are just starting.
Of course you're not too young I haven't danced til I was FIVE!!! I am a few years younger than you and I am going to go back so if I am only a few years younger you can definently still do it.
i don't think so it depend on where you go :)
Of course it's not too late! It's never too late to start dancing. I would call a local dance studio and ask about beginner teen classes or even adult classes. If you joined a beginner class all the other students would be in the same boat as you are. If you wanted to do a jazz class, then I would maybe try a ballet class too, since ballet will help you with jazz. Have fun dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd